Saturday, June 19, 2010

CHICAGO FASHION?

#1: omg how cool!

#2: OMG HOW COOL!!! I had no idea Chicago fashion blogs existed! It is now my ultimate goal to appear on this website. Although hopefully not like this lady...

Actually I think I like this one much better. Much more high fashiony, Sartorialist-ish. Thoughts?

I have to say, living in Chicago and being a painfully poor student really neutralizes you to the fabulousness of this city. It's like, I live here every day, our fashion week isn't even a real thing, what's the big deal? It's not like it's New York or anything. But like Cheryl says in the Fashionista blog post, Chicago is fashionable in a different sense from NYC. The people are more down to earth, I think, and a lot prefer to shop in one of the many many small, privately owned boutique shops instead of the at big boxes like Macy's. I'm so jaded by taking the stupid tourist-filled 151 bus down Michigan Avenue on the way to and from school every day that I forget how my family and I used to vacation here and spend entire weekends shopping. I'm sorry I've taken it for granted. I here and now vow to start respecting the fashion clout of my fair city! And I'll start living out my fashion fantasies here just as soon as my bank account rebounds from the security deposit I put down on my new apartment (also: eeek! So very exciting!)

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new apt!
    I'm totally one of THOSE tourists...I love Chicago as a fashion hub- where else are we midwesterners going to get our fix??

    You should do a listing of your fave boutiques where the majority of the items are under $200 :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I move into my new place in the heart of vintagetown on Aug 1, I most definitely will! Maybe even a little dressing room fashion show of my own...

    ReplyDelete