Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DARE I SAY ANNA'S LOST HER TOUCH?


I’ve stopped buying Vogue. In fact, I haven’t even picked up an issue of Vogue in 6-8 months. It’s not just the boring editorials that look exactly the same every month (stick thin girls against blank backgrounds, jumping, jumping, jumping, making O-faces) – it’s the disappointing cover stories. First it was the utterly talentless Sienna Miller, then a boring and dated looking SJP (that dress looks exactly like what I wore to my freshman homecoming dance in high school), and now it’s Blake Lively. Blake Lively is not stylish. I have not once seen her in an outfit that completely covers either her bum or her boobs and/or isn't skin tight.













Yes, congratulations, you’re a blonde bombshell with a great rack and an incredible set of stems, but have some class, darling. Cover it up once in a while. Just because you have the money, connections, and venue to wear an off-the-runway Marchesa dress that exposes your hooha doesn’t mean you should. And it absolutely doesn’t mean you deserve to be on the cover of the most influential American fashion institution in history.


For God’s sake Anna, leave the starlets-of-the-moment alone and feature more worthwhile female figures. Michelle Obama was a nice touch. Even Gisele has more class and significantly better fashion cred than Ms. Parker/Broderick (Disclaimer: I’m a dedicated Sex and the City fan. But SJP doesn’t do her own styling – Pat Field does).

I fell in love with Vogue my junior year of college when it featured a fresh-faced breakout Jennifer Hudson, the truly talented and uniquely beautiful Angelina Jolie, or a candid and terribly stylish post-breakup Jennifer Aniston. Anna, you’re breaking my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Fuck, this looks nothing like I wanted it to. I GIVE UP. Sare, this blog thing is all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on! it looks fine!
    and i totally agree with you here. im dying for modern classiness

    ReplyDelete