Monday, June 21, 2010



BELATED 2010 CFDA AWARDS REVIEW



Though I may not care much about Resort fashion, I never get tired of red carpet watching. I know this is belated, but I have been itching to gush about the McQueen dress Sarah Jessica Parker wore to the annual awards event for the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Tommy Ton of Jak and Jill took the most amazing photograph of it here, but I can't seem to steal the picture so you'll have to check out the link yourself. His photo really does the dress better justice. It looks so much more amazing in motion that when SJP is just standing. But oh my god, it is beautiful. I still cannot believe the world will no longer be blessed with Lee Alexander's beautiful creations. Also, I wish I could go back in time and wear this to prom. Or my wedding...

Also, can I get a big "Hell Yeah!" for the astoundingly talented and ever so dashing Marc Jacobs finally winning Womenswear Designer of the Year?! It's about damn time. His clothes continually bring me joy and make me excited about being a woman, and I feel he really does a lot to evolve the idea of what it means to be a woman in today's society. Hands-down one of my favorite fashion moments of the last decade (since I started caring) was the Louis Vuitton show this year. I'm so thrilled that Marc is pioneering the comeback of curves and healthy, beautiful, sexy women we can all look up to (instead of bony skeletors who make us feel bad about ourselves and want to destroy every piece of chocolate cake on the planet). Actually, let me clarify that statement: I know some incredibly lovely women with thin, athletic bodies and miniature curves who I admire immensely. I guess my point is that I enjoy the transition to a varied runway in which all women can find role models who fit their natural body types. And above all, that all women find inspiration, beauty, and power in the clothes we wear.


Other favorite looks from the CFDA awards:
Vogue's Tonne Goodman Richard Chai & Hayden Christensen


For full coverage of the event, check out Style.com

1 comment:

  1. great post!
    SJPs dress is quite lovely, but I'm not floored by it. I'm sure that would change if i had it on. It's so pretty and flowy..mm.
    You know, for some reason, I've just never gotten on board with marc jacobs. I like his watches and his eponymous perfume, but I'm never big into marc by marc jacobs stuff.

    ReplyDelete