Sunday, March 21, 2010

So style.com gives its top 10 collections for Fall2010, and I have to say I'm surprised I at least don't disagree with most of their picks, but I think there were some overrated shows and some that were unfairly panned.

The Prada show had some great lady styles with incredible detail on the cocktail dresses, but that bulky knitwear gives me nightmarish flashbacks of Midwestern winters: that awful feeling of the crotch of my wool tights sinking lower and lower with each step, or feeling my socks droop to my ankles and getting soaked with snow. Chalk that up as another handy use for duct tape.

Speaking of staying warm, is there some larger meaning to the Chanel show that I just don't get? The models looked like they hunted and killed an Aqua Net wielding Yeti. I also shun this concept because translated into the real world, it would go a little something like this:

My Top 5
1. Cacharel: Because mixing that many colors, patterns, and textures AND pulling it off in a cohesive way is extremely impressive
2. Anne Valerie Hash: I'm not a fan of the pushed-up 80s style jacket sleeves, but this collection was masculine, feminine, and sexy all at once. These clothes are for going commando.
3. Michael Kors: Edgy all-American urban safari. And reminiscent of my favorite Ralph Lauren looks.
4. Burberry: coats! coats! coats! I'm pretty sure my mouth began to water the instant I saw that cerulean military jacket.
5. Salvatore Ferragamo: mmm knits I can get on board with and good-girl leather. I'm really into oxfords right now, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment