Monday, March 29, 2010

I’ve been a big fan of ANTM (America’s Next Top Model, for the non-superfans). I admire the judges’ ability to see beauty in a variety of looks. Now it seems like lately they are hard-pressed to find quality new girls with unique looks. Watching ANTM winners and seeing the darlings of the runway who land the highly-coveted shows makes me wonder: what makes an it-girl in the fashion world? Thanks to Kate Moss, I know for sure that it’s not always about being as tall as an NBA player. But seeing some of these favorites really makes me wonder more than ever. And at the moment, I am almost certain that
the fashion industry loves stupid haircuts. And ANTM knows it (Poor Salicia).


Agyness Deyn rocks the 10-year-old-boy-with-bedhead look. I'm still on the fence about whether or not it's a step up from the private school girl look she used to have.


Tao Okamoto is a beautiful girl, and whoever told her to cut her hair like that clearly knew how to propel her into the spotlight, because that seems to have been the trigger. But you can no longer see half her face behind that bowl-cut. Her look has gone from refined to vacuous.


Anyone know who Ranya Mordanova is? Not YET. But she’s got haunting eyes, an incredible pout, and if she maintains the same boy crop, she can ride it all the way to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment