Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I just found this on fashionologie.com. Because Anna and I are BFFs, I'm not all that surprised that her statements exactly mirror my recent thoughts regarding scary-thin models on the runways and the absence of supermodels a la Cindy, Christy, Linda, Naomi. I was actually freaked out by the skeleton thighs I saw in so many Style.com photos from AW2010 shows. More on this later, but my absolute favorite show from AW2010 was Marc Jacobs' Louis Vuitton show. Let's bring the boobs back into fashion!

Blame Super Skinny Models


Sigrid Agren in Prada AW 2010: Where are her thighs?



The Supers in a Versace ad from 1994. Sexy, goofy, DIVINE.

3 comments:

  1. 100% agree w/ you. but i just read an article about Prada taking on curvier, vicky's secret models for its show? whats with the waffling? the feeling i get watching some of these models is that same 'can't tear my eyes away' feeling when looking at old wwII photos, if you catch my drift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Holocaust much? (too far?)

    I do find it especially noteworthy that several of the girls in the LV show were VS models. And he closed with Elle "The Body" Macpherson. I think they're trying to tell us something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh. exactly.
    just remember, it was like this in the 20's too. I keep telling myself that the pendulum is swinging back into a curvier era, but it's not happening fast enough.

    ReplyDelete